Monday, March 20, 2006

Cameron Parish destruction

Today, I did a driving trip through Cameron Parish. I may have alluded to this driving trip made by others in team 2 when we had a 'day of rest' back in early October. At that time, the water was still high and the destruction nauseating. I guess I wanted to go to see what the Cameron residents went back to after they left our special needs unit and also to shed some light on the loss of these people as so much media attention had been given to the events of New Orleans. This was echoed during the nursing team meeting from the other day, the fact that Rita victims have been neglected in coverage and perhaps clean-up efforts.

Anyway, I did the trip through Cameron Parish and came back up to Lake Charles. I’ve created a narrated slide presentation for you all to check out via the U of MN’s server. Be sure to have the volume up loud enough. The link is here: http://breeze4.umn.edu/p13954177/

There were many songs of the day today that I encourage you to check out: Lucinda William’s 2 Cool 2 Be Forgotten, Howlin Wolf’s Moanin’ at Midnight, Bruce Springsteen’s My Hometown, Bruce Robeson’s Rayne, Louisiana and Lucinda’s Lake Charles. The IPod certainly came in handy during the 6-hour tour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home