Thursday, March 09, 2006

Six months later...

It's now the middle of March, 6 months since many of us were hosted by very generous friends in Louisiana. On Monday, I received a call from our public health nurse friends, Carol Broussard and Barbara Hebert, inviting me to return to help with the many activites that keep them busy. Apparently, there was a meningitis outbreak that proved to be fatal (killing two college students) to add insult to the Katrina and Rita injury.

I'm excited to go down and look forward to helping out again. In a selfish way, I may find closure to my experiences then since I left so abruptly on October 5th. But that will be a small part of simply getting away for a while and doing what I like to do and do best... the 'public health nursing thing'. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all!

I leave Monday the 13th and will begin work on the 14th. See you then!

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home